The COVID-19 pandemic has been a wake-up call for many organisations when it comes to cybersecurity. With more employees working remotely, there are more opportunities for cyber criminals to exploit vulnerabilities. There are also concerns over ransomware attacks that weaponize cloud resources. As a result, there is an increasing demand for cyber security professionals who have the right skills and knowledge to protect networks and data. If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, this is an excellent time to pursue a career in cybersecurity. There are many exciting opportunities available, and you can make a real difference in the fight against cybercrime.
In 2022, security professionals will need to collaborate more than ever with their business due to a lack of security.
What is cyber security?
- Cybersecurity is a practice of protecting the systems, networks from digital attacks
- Now that many of the companies, financial sectors, and government organisations are looking forward to protecting their data from hackers or cybercriminals. These attacks must be handled by Engineers, Pentesters, Security Testers and other professionals to prevent the attack
Why is cyber security important?
- Cybersecurity impacts many different sectors from government organisations, to startups, to mid and large enterprises and can affect you personally at home
- Not too long ago it was possible to use a simple firewall or antivirus software as your sole security measures but this is no longer the case
- Cyber threats can come at any level so it’s important to educate yourself about simple scams like phishing, ransomware attacks or other malware designed to steal intellectual property or personal data
- Cybersecurity risk is increasing and without the right knowledge, companies and you yourself cannot defend yourself against data breach campaigns
Because of these factors there is now an increase in job opportunities, in the UK alone there was a 58% increase in demand for cyber security professionals. With this in mind let’s explore the differences between a few roles.
Network Security vs Cyber Security
Information Security vs Cyber Security
If you would like to find out more about starting a cyber security career get in touch today.